Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mexico Asks For Probe Into Teen's Shooting Death By U.S. Border Agent

Summary: Ciudad Jarez is a Mexican teen that was shot by a U.S. Border agent while involved in a rock-throwing incident. This teen's death was the second in two weeks by the U.S. border agents. It all started Monday night when the Border Patrol was called because it had been noted that suspected illegal immigrants were trying to smuggle into the United States. They arrived near a river bank and one of the agents caught one of the suspects while the other two suspects started throwing rocks a he agent and began to run back into Mexico. They kept throwing rocks at him and that's when he pulled out his weapon and started firing, later becoming fatal for one of them. It was a sad and preventable situation.

Opinion: Even though the boys were irritating the agent by throwing rocks at him I still feel that it gave him no reason to take out his gun and start shooting at them. They were just young boys, and yes they probably should have known better, but still boys will be boys. I think that it was the agents fault and I don't think that I would see it as an act of self defence. If it were me I would feel very guilty about the action and I don't think the boy deserved what he got.

No comments:

Post a Comment